WHO IS A JUNIOR ACCOUNTANT ?
Junior Accountants are trained financial professionals who provide support to businesses by managing daily accounting and financial tasks. They compile reports and prepare, maintain and reconcile financial statements and other financial documents. A junior accountant is an entry-level position in the accounting field. They organize and analyze financial documents and accounts. Additionally, a junior accountant will prepare and complete tax and other important financial forms.
- Analyze financial information and prepare balance sheets.
- Coordinate with management and staff to prepare budgets.
- Ensure compliance with organizational guidelines and procedures, and federal and state regulations.
- Resolve account payable and receivable issues or queries.
- Accurately perform daily reconciliations of cash, check and credit card transactions, and tally and file invoices.
- Comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for financial statements.
- Assist in financial and tax audits, and general ledger preparation.
- Prepare income tax returns and corporate reporting requirements.
- Develop monthly financial statements that include cash flow, profit and loss statements, and balance sheets.
- Complete end of month close procedures.
- Excellent organizing abilities
- Great attention to detail
- Good with numbers and figures and an analytical acumen
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and familiarity with relevant computer software (e.g. SAP)
- Qualifications (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) is a plus but not required
- BSc/Ba in accounting, finance or relevant field
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related (essential).
- Certified Professional Accountant (CPA) certificate (advantageous).
- 1 year of Accounting work experience (essential).
- Sound understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices.
- Meticulous attention to detail with the superb organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Critical thinker with a high proficiency in math.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Advanced competency in Microsoft Office and Accounting software packages.
A junior accountant is an entry-level position in an accounting firm or department. A junior accountant’s duties include posting journal entries, updating financial statements, maintaining accounts receivable and accounts payable, paying monthly payroll, and preparing financial reports.